- Combines potassium phosphate and iron phosphate in a single tablet.
- When prescribed by a healthcare professional P.P.I.P. is generally well tolerated at the recommended dose and may be prescribed with infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly.
- The easy-to-swallow tablet can be halved or crushed to facilitate low-dose prescribing for infants and children.
- Potassium and phosphate help support energy production and are involved in the nervous system. Iron and phosphate are essential for healthy blood maintenance.
- Haematology: Due to its role as a component of haemoglobin, iron plays a vital role in the structure and function of healthy blood and supports energy levels.
- In the body, iron is found most commonly associated with phosphate, the main anion for energy storage and release.
- Phosphate acts as a regulator of iron phosphate absorption, and forms part of ferritin, the iron storage complex. It is also incorporated into 2,3 diphosphoglycerate (2,3 DPG, a compound in red blood cells that regulates oxygen release by haemoglobin), and consequently plays an integral role in energy production.
- Energy production: Phosphate is incorporated into intracellular compounds such as ATP and cyclic AMP and consequently plays a key role in energy production.
- Nervous system: Potassium is an integral component of the sodium-potassium pump, which maintains the potential difference across cell membranes, so is required for the regulation of neuromuscular excitability and stimulation, transmission of electrochemical impulses and contraction of muscle fibres.
- Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years: As professionally prescribed.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other David Jones Pharmacy Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.