- The mucilage is an excellent bulking agent making the stools more voluminous providing mechanical stimulation of the bowel.
- The soluble fibre constituent of Flaxseed meal provides a lubricating action.
Flaxseed meal contains high levels of soluble fibre that is reported to help reduce blood cholesterol. Omega Fibre also contains Omega-3 fatty acids which have been shown to be beneficial in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease (1) and rheumatoid arthritis (2)
Licorice has an anti-inflammatory and healing effect on already damaged intestinal mucosa, protecting the intestines from further damage. When consumed, Slippery Elm increases the flow of mucous along the gastrointestinal tract. Mucous provides a protective coating to irritated tissues. The addition of Aloe Vera to Melrose Omega Fibre is for its use in protecting the digestive system by reducing intestinal inflammation.
Organic Omega Fibre contains
- Organic Flaxseed Meal
- Slippery Elm
- Aloe Vera Juice Powder
- 10g daily. Sprinkle over cereals, yoghurt or mixed with water or juice.
Shelf Life & Storage
- 30 months from date of manufacture.
- Refrigerate after opening.
Contraindications & cautions
- None known - if symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional
Free From Lactose, Dairy, Wheat, Gluten, Yeast, Artificial flavours, Colours or Preservatives. No GMO material.
1. Schwalfenberg G. Omega-3 fatty acids: their beneficial role in cardiovascular health. Can Fam Physician. 2006;52:734-40.
2. Galarraga B, Ho M, Youssef H, et al. Cod liver oil (n-3 fatty acids) as an non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug sparing agent in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47(5):665-9.