Ostelin Osteoguard Tablets 90
New 6 in 1 formulation for strong bones
Ostelin Osteoguard is a high potency Vitamin D & calcium supplement scientifically formulated to help maintain bone mineral density, supporting your bones in the prevention and treatment of Osteoporosis. Ostelin Osteoguard is fortified with Vitamin K and magnesium for the maintenance of strong healthy bones, boron to aid calcium metabolism, and manganese to help maintain healthy bones and joints.
As we get older strong healthy bones and muscles are vital in reducing the incidence of falls and fractures. In Australia, 1 in 2 women and 1 in 3 men over the age of 60 will have a fracture due to Osteoporosis1.
What is Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition where bones become fragile and brittle, and can fracture more easily than healthy bone.
Benefits of Ostelin Osteoguard
Ostelin Osteoguard is a high potency complex, specially formulated with 6 levels of support for strong bones:
- Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption and increases bone density and is essential throughout life to help maintain healthy bone structure. Vitamin D aids in reducing bone loss in older people as Vitamin D status is affected by the aging process.
- Calcium assists in maintaining peak bone mass and increasing bone mineral density. After menopause women's requirements for calcium increase.
- Vitamin K works synergistically with vitamin D for bone health and helps the body transport calcium. Vitamin K is a co-factor for osteocalcin, a protein which influences bone mineral density.2 Both post menopausal women and the elderly have an additional requirement for vitamin K, which assists in the maintenance of bone mineral density by helping the body transport calcium.
- Magnesium is required by the body for normal bone function and bone metabolism and mineral density. The elderly may require additional magnesium which is important for maintaining normal blood calcium levels. Magnesium is also particularly important during and after menopause.
- Boron plays a role in Vitamin D, magnesium , phosphorous and calcium metabolism , and therefore a role in the maintenance of normal bone.
- Manganese is necessary for the development and maintenance of healthy bones and joints. Manganese may assist in bone function, and may help maintain bone density.
Directions 2 tablets daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Each tablet contains
- Vitamin D3 500IU (as Cholecalciferol 12.5mcg)
- Calcium 600mg (as Calcium carbonate 1.5g)
- Magnesium 52.5mg (as Magnesium citrate nonahydrate 195.7mg and Magnesium oxide – heavy 51.5mg)
- Vitamin K1 100mcg (Phytomenadione)
- Boron 1.5mg (as Boric acid 8.6mg)
- Manganese 2mg (as Manganese sulfate monohydrate 6.2mg)
Warnings Research has shown that 100-200mcg of vitamin K per day is unlikely to interfere with anticoagulant medication. However, if you are taking anticoagulant medication, discuss this with your healthcare professional. Always read the label. Use only as directed. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. Ostelin is recommended for adults only.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other David Jones Pharmacy Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.