Blackmores Bio C 1000mg Tablets 62
Available Online Only
Blackmores Bio C 1000mg
Helping you to reduce the severity & duration of colds
Blackmores Bio C® 1000mg is a high potency formula containing citrus bioflavonoids extract to help boost its action. Vitamin C also helps to reduce the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals.
Features and benefits
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to help boost its action in the body.
- Buffered with mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach.
- Contains vitamin C and natural sources of rosehips and acerola
- Reduces the severity and duration of colds.
- Helps to support skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production.
- Is an antioxidant, which helps protect against free radical damage.
- Promotes wound healing.
- Maintains capillary health.
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and may increase the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to support capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day.
Children 4-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Bio C® Chewable.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Contraindications and cautions
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Blackmores Bio C® 1000mg may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking.
A mustard, oblong-shaped tablet with opaque coating.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other David Jones Pharmacy Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.