- Combines potassium sulfate and magnesium phosphate in a single tablet.
- When prescribed by a health care proessional P.S.M.P. is generally well tolerated at the recommended dose and may be prescribed for infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly.
- The easy-to-swallow tablet can be halved or crushed to facilitate low-dose prescribing for infants and children.
- Immunity: Sulfate is a component of the mucus secreted as a protective agent by epithelial goblet cells found in the digestive and respiratory system.
- Connective tissue: Sulfate is a structural component of many glycosaminoglycans, proteoglycans, glycolipids and glycoproteins and as such, is a stabiliser of connective tissue, contributing to its strength, elasticity and hydration. The polysaccharides associated with glycoproteins and glycolipids on the cell surface are often associated with potassium
- Energy production: The production and storage of energy in the body depends on the availability of both magnesium and phosphate . Phosphate is incorporated into compounds such as ATP and cyclic AMP. Magnesium combines with and stabilises the ATP molecule, and the resultant Mg-ATP complex (rather than ATP alone), is the substrate for most ATP-requiring enzymes.
- Neuromuscular function: Magnesium has inhibitory and stabilising effects on neurons at the neuromuscular junction, and plays an influencing role in the release of neurotransmitters.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - As professionally prescribed.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other David Jones Pharmacy Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.