- Combines potassium chloride and magnesium phosphate in a single tablet.
- When prescribed by a healthcare professional P.C.M.P. is generally well tolerated at the recommended dose and may be prescribed for infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly.
- The easy-to-swallow tablet can be halved or crushed to facilitate low-dose prescribing for infants and children.
- Potassium and chloride help to maintain hydration, fluid balance and gastric acid production whilst magnesium and phosphate help to support neuromuscular function.
- Neuromuscular function: Magnesium has inhibitory and stabilising effects on neurons at the neuromuscular junction and plays an influencing role in the release of neurotransmitters
- Potassium is an integral component of the sodium-potassium pump, which maintains the potential difference across cell membranes. As such, it is required for the regulation of neuromuscular excitability and stimulation, transmission of electrochemical impulses and contraction of muscle fibres.
- Gastrointestinal function: Potassium and chloride are both essential for the production of gastric acid, and hence digestive function.
- Fluid balance: Potassium and chloride are involved in the regulation of water balance. Potassium acts with extracellular sodium to maintain normal osmotic pressure and influences the ability of the kidney to correct imbalances with the excretion process. The status of chloride channels influences the uptake or loss of water by cells, and hence the regulation of cell volume.
- Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years: As professionally prescribed.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other David Jones Pharmacy Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.