- Combines potassium phosphate and magnesium phosphate in a single tablet.
- When prescribed by a healthcare professional, P.P.M.P. is generally well tolerated at the recommended dose and may be prescribed for infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly.
- The easy-to-swallow tablet can be halved or crushed to facilitate low-dose prescribing for infants and children.
- Potassium, magnesium and phosphate work together to support energy production and neuromuscular function.
- Energy production: The production and storage of energy in the body depends on the availability of both magnesium and phosphate . Phosphate is incorporated into compounds such as ATP and cyclic AMP. Magnesium combines with and stabilises the ATP molecule, and the resultant Mg-ATP complex (rather than ATP alone), is the substrate for most ATP-requiring enzymes .
- Neuromuscular function: Magnesium has inhibitory and stabilising effects on neurons at the neuromuscular junction, and plays an influencing role in the release of neurotransmitters.
- Potassium is an integral component of the sodium-potassium pump, which maintains the potential difference across cell membranes, so is required for the regulation of neuromuscular excitability and stimulation, transmission of electrochemical impulses and contraction of muscle fibres.
- Cardiovascular function: Magnesium is involved in the regulation of peripheral and cerebral vascular tone.
- The heart requires the correct balance of potassium and calcium for rhythmicity of contractions.
- Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years: As professionally prescribed.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other David Jones Pharmacy Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.