Neilmed Naspira Babies & Kids Nasal Oral Aspirator
Available Online Only
Neilmed Naspira Babies & Kids Nasal Oral Aspirator
The NeilMed Naspira NOA is the worlds most uniquely designed system, where several important safety, quality and efficacy features are combined. With our unique 2-in-1 design, you can either use it as a NeilMed NasaBulb aspirator or as an effective Nasal-Oral suction device where parents can use suction force generated by the mouth similar to sucking through a straw. By using the NeilMed Naspira NOA, you can quickly remove nasal mucus safely and effectively by creating a negative airflow of 5 to 10 liters or more per minute plus longer duration of suction, as opposed to simply using a bulb aspirator where the suction duration is less than half a second. In addition, the NeilMed Naspira NOA features in-line disposable filters to protect the parent from contact with mucus. The one-way valve prevents a large volume of accidental air from the parents mouth from blowing into the babys nose and prevents pushing down of the mucus.
Purpose of Naspira Nasal Oral Aspirator:
NeilMed Naspira safely and effectively suctions babys and toddlers stuffy, runny or congested noses, helping them breathe more easily. Babies and toddlers often experience these symptoms, which result from upper respiratory tract infections and other causes. Small children are unable to blow their noses until they are 4 to 5 years of age and suffer from impaired breathing, feeding, eating, unsound sleep and several generalized symptoms.
- Transparent design.
- Safe for babies & toddlers
- Included 7 in-line disposable filters to reduce contamination risk
- Components pull apart for easy cleaning
- 2-in-1 design allows for use as both a bulb and an aspirator
- Lifetime warranty
- Made of high-grade silicone
- Dishwasher safe (excluding disposable filters)
- Tip is made of silicone and is very soft to the touch.
- One-way valve prevents air from the parents mouth from entering the babys nose.
- Disposable filter will prevent liquid or mucus from entering the parents mouth.
- The transparent design allows for easy inspection of the components & reduces the amount of fungal growth found in opaque bulb aspirators.
- The suction tip, clear plastic coupler, bulb, tubing and mouthpiece can be sterilized by first cleaning them with liquid dish washing detergent soap and water, followed by placing cleaned device parts in boiling water for five minutes or by using a microwave disinfection protocol as provided in the cleaning and sterilizing instructions.
- The tip is sized so that it will not enter the babys nasal cavities and cause injury.
Note: While the Naspira NOA is dishwasher safe, a dishwasher will not adequately clean the inside of the Naspira components. The water jets in dishwashers cannot enter the narrow parts of the Naspira components, and portions of the interior will not be cleaned thoroughly.
Please read the warning prior to use. If you are using it for the first time, please make sure that you have assembled it properly as shown in the diagram and all the parts are intact and clean.
Directions for use
- Hold the baby in an upright to semi-upright position, well secured in your arms, and be sure that the baby is comfortable.
- Place the tip of the bulb into the babys nostril and suck very gently through the mouthpiece, as if you are drinking a liquid from a straw. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouthpiece is a one-way valve and will not allow you to blow into the babys nose.
- A pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or saline spray in each nostril may help loosen thick mucus before using the NeilMed¬ Naspira¬ Nasal-Oral Aspirator (NOA). Mucus from the babys nostrils will come out very easily and transfer mainly to the tip, and if excessive, into the bulbous area during suctioning.
- Repeat the previous steps in the same and/or the other nostril as necessary.
- Please follow the cleaning and disinfection protocol for the safety of yourself and your baby.
- Change filter if it is soiled with secretions or after the acute infection is over or every week during use.
Cleaning & Sterilization Instructions
Disassemble all components.
- Pinch the opening of the tip with your thumb and index finger.
- Squeeze the bulb with your thumb and index finger of other hand so the quick increase in air pressure will separate the parts.
- Take apart the remaining components by pulling apart the ends. Remove the filter and set aside prior to cleansing. The filter cannot be cleaned or sterilized, but can be reused if it has not come into contact with mucus. Wash all loose components with warm dishwashing liquid detergent followed by thorough rinsing with clean water. Shake off excess water.
To disinfect; choose one of three methods:
- Boiling Disinfection: Place all components in boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow the water to cool completely before removing the components from the water. Shake off excess water. Allow all components to cool and air dry before reassembling. Use lint free towels to dry the outside of parts and allow it to air dry the inside of the components.
- Microwave Disinfection: Clean all components with soap and water as mentioned above, shake off the excess water. Now place all components in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will disinfect all components. Please make sure all components are near dry before placing in the microwave.
- Chemical Disinfection: In some countries, where available, use baby bottle disinfecting chemical tablets or solution, and use the same protocol. Note: the filter is disposable and should be replaced if it comes into contact with mucus, or after the childs acute illness episode ends. Do not attempt to sterilize and reuse the filter.
Can also be used as a single bulb aspirator
Filter is not resterilizable.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other David Jones Pharmacy Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.